Sunday, June 22, 2008

Made in America - Homer Laughlin Saucer


This is a saucer I bought at a thrift store years ago - it came to my attention recently while rearranging cupboard things. There is nothing special about this saucer - it's heavy crockery that might have belonged to a roadside diner.

Wait - there is something special about it. It was made in America. Notice that unlike most of the stuff we bring in from abroad, it contains no lead.

I've decided to spotlight the occasional item I run across in my own home that was made in this great country - back before we were sold out to become part of "The Global Economy," which simply means a few people make a whole bunch of money while masses of middle class workers in America watch their jobs (and their hopes and dreams) go overseas.

No comments: