Friday, July 19, 2019

Mom


My mom would have been 94 tomorrow, July 20.... I would give everything I have for ten more minutes with her. I miss her more than any other ... more than I ever thought I could miss anyone. None of the fights or arguments are remembered, only the laughter, the good sound advice she gave, never heavy-handed, always tempered with reason...don't do drugs. With the exception of MJ in the 70's when I was an adult, I never did. Never touched a beer in high school when "everyone else was doing it." And when I entered my teenage years... "don't fall for boys who say they love you, or tell you how beautiful you are...teenage boys have one thing on their minds. One thing." I was a virgin when I got married... at least the first time 😁 My mom was flawed, all moms are, we fought at times, made each other cry... but she never lied to me, even when the news was bad. I didn't cherish her enough when she was here... I hope she hears me now. Take heed.

No comments: